SUMMER PRAYER MENTORSHIP
Who It’s For:
- Those who are desiring to be mentored in the place of corporate prayer, both in the practicals and spiritual principles. This mentorship helps walk people all the way from joining into prayer meetings to the principles of leading one.
What to Expect:
- Receive teachings and tools to actively plug into or even lead corporate prayer meetings
- Be a part of a prayer meeting after every teaching to immediately practice what you have learned
- Receive personal feedback and hands-on training
Focus of the Mentorship:
- “Work the muscle” of prayer: Many people believe that prayer is just for a special group of people or they are waiting for the “spirit of prayer” to fall on them in order to pray in a prayer meeting, but fail to realize that the people who most often possess a spirit of prayer in the prayer meetings are those who have often exercised the muscle of prayer, therefore learning more easily how to connect to the Holy Spirit in prayer. This also assists in breaking off fear and intimidation in praying in prayer meetings. A focus of this mentorship will be getting people to weekly exercise the muscle of prayer amidst a prophetic atmosphere of prayer that they might more easily operate under the spirit of prayer.
- Receive practical teachings – these teachings will look to deal with some of the practicals in relationship to prayer/prayer meetings such as: Preparing for Prayer meetings, Gaining Authority, the Purpose of Fasting, Praying in Tongues, Praying in Tune with the Spirit, and more.
- Be pushed in prophetic prayer – prophetic prayer is a combination of 1) primarily praying ahead of things (as opposed to in response to things), and 2) praying with the burden, fire, and groan of the Spirit. Though practicals will underscore everything, we believe the Lord is wanting to marry the prophetic with prayer and looking to cultivate a burning furnace of prayer by the Spirit. Our instructions may be practical, but we look to facilitate the burning of the Spirit in prayer.
8 week Summer Mentorship with Sarah Coker
Dates: May 16th – July 18th *two week break June 20th or 27th (due to the Israel trip)
Time: Tuesdays 6:30 pm-9:00 pm
Location: Prayer room in the Altar School Room at The Ark Fellowship